What to do if you child test positive for Covid?
My child had not tested positive for Covid, but is feeling sick.
If your son/daughter test positive for Covid:
1. please call the school at 916-395-4680.
2. Please provide the following information:
a. Is the student fully vaccinated or not?
b. Was the student in school on any of the days he/she was
positive? If so, was he/she within 6 ft of anyone?
3. Please report day student tested positive and 1st day of symptoms.
If your son/daughter has any of the following symptoms:
They should stay home and take a Covid test. If they already had Covid-19 within 90 days, please contact the school for instructions.
My Child was exposed to someone with Covid-19. What do I do?
If your son/daughter was around someone with Covid-19 longer than 15 min and they are not vaccinated.....
- Call the school to inform them of the exposure. Do NOT bring the child to school.
- If they live with the individual who tested positive please keep the child home for 10 days and test for Covid-19, if negative, the child may return on day 14.
- If they do not live with the individual who test positive, the student should quarantine for 10 days after exposure. If no symptoms after 7 days, test. If negative, the child may return to school.
- Students may get a Covid Test at Serna Center 5735 47th Avenue.
My Child exposed to someone with Covid-19, but is fully vaccinated.....
If your son/daughter is fully vaccinated and has been exposed to someone with Covid-19 for more than 15 min and
- has no symptoms, he or she may return to school, but a Covid test is recommended.
- has some symptoms, he/she must test. If negative, they may return after at least 24 hours have passed since fever and symptoms are gone.
- has symptoms, he/she must test. If positive, the student must isolate at home for 10 days and may return on day 11 provided fever has been gone for at least 24 hours and other symptoms have improved significantly.